How to Know Jesus as Your Messiah and Lord
Excerpt from "The Amazing Jewish Book and the God-Shaped Hole in My Soul"
by Manny Brotman
Click here to read the whole chapter.
Here is how to invite Messiah Jesus (Yeshua) into your heart and life as an act of faith to receive His blood of atonement:
1) Pray Prayer is just talking to God in your own words.
2) Confess Acknowledge to God that you have sinned—broken His Commandments—and that you are truly sorry for it.
3) Ask and Receive Ask Messiah Yeshua to come into your heart and life and to cleanse you with His blood of atonement.
4) Believe Thank Him by faith for doing this!
Some people have emotional experiences when they invite the Messiah into their life, and others do not. Just thank Him for coming into your heart, not based on human feelings, but on the authority of the Jewish Bible. This is an act of faith acceptable to God!
Here is a sample prayer:
Dear God, I confess that I have sinned against You and I’m truly sorry for it. Messiah Yeshua, please come into my heart and life and cleanse me with Your precious blood of atonement. Thank You for doing this according to Your Word. I’ll do anything You want me to, with Your help. I really mean it, Lord! In Your Name, Amen!
Does this prayer express the desire of your heart? If it does, pray it right now, and the Messiah will enter your life as He promised to in God’s Word. (You can take a moment right now and pray this prayer out loud.)
Did you invite Messiah Yeshua into your life? Did you really mean it? Then, where is Yeshua according to the Bible? God’s Word says:
Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart and life], and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door [of his heart and life], I will come in to him, and will sup [fellowship] with him, and he with Me (Messiah Yeshua in Revelation 3:20, KJV).
Either God is the world’s greatest liar, or Messiah Yeshua is in your heart right now if you prayed to receive Him!
God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19).
The moment that you asked Messiah Yeshua into your heart and life as an act of faith, God began to do many wonderful things for you including the following:
1) Your sins were atoned for (covered, forgiven)!
2) You received righteousness (right-standing with God) by faith!
3) You entered into a personal relationship with God and became a child of God!
4) You received eternal life!
5) God’s Holy Spirit (Ruach ha Kodesh) entered your life to lead you and guide you!
6) You began the abundant life and the exciting adventure for which God created you—to know God and to make Him known!
(If you did not yet ask Messiah Yeshua into your life, ask Him to come in right now and these wonderful blessings will be yours, too!)
Here’s how to grow in God’s abundant life:
1) Confess any future sins to God and ask His help to overcome them.
2) Pray to God in the Name of His Son (Yeshua) and praise (thank) Him much.
3) Read God’s Word (the Bible) once or more every day. Just as you have three square physical meals daily, you need regular spiritual meals. Before you read, pray for God to show you the truth as you read. He is the Author. It is His Book.
4) Memorize as many Bible verses as you can. (Start with the verses in this chapter.)
5) Fellowship at least weekly with other Bible believers.